This morning at about 11:00 our beautiful baby girl Brooke passed away. We are devastated and heartbroken, but comforted by the fact that she went peacefully in our arms. In Brooke's short 6.5 months with us, she has taught us so much about love, patience, strength, perseverance, & courage. She has now joined her sister Lexie in my mother's arms in heaven.
We will be having a visitation and service early next week. We will post the information here soon.
We would like to say thank you to all of the wonderful doctors, nurses, and everyone in the ISCU. Brooke, Jason, and I have considered you our family for the past 6.5 months and can't thank you enough for your compassion, love, and dedication to Brooke.
In lieu of flowers, please send a small donation to the ISCU (Infant Special Care Unit) general fund. The money will go towards helping all of the babies in need of special care and their families.
Send donations to:
Northshore University HealthSystem Foundation
1033 University Place
Suite 450
Evanston, IL 60201
224.364.7200
Please make sure to let them know that the donation is for the ISCU general fund in memory of Brooke Anderson.
Please also ask them to notify Jason & Cindy Anderson that a contribution was made.
We love you and your family, Brooke. We will miss you and think of you often.
ReplyDeleteBrooke in your short life you have touched so many people. We love you and will keep you in our hearts forever. Cindy, jason and owen we are thinking about you and are here for you. Love you guys lindsay, dave , michael and jacob
ReplyDeleteJP and I are thinking about you all and sending our love.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Brooke - to have known you was our privilege. We need not have met you to have been inspired by your tenacity, strength and determination. We take comfort in knowing that you are now in the arms of your loving family in heaven, your sister and grandmother, and that you can now rest in peace. We pray that your parents and big brother also take comfort in knowing that they now have another guardian angel to watch over them. Please know that there are many people who love and care for your earth family and will continue to support them in the days and months to come. God bless the Andersons.
ReplyDeleteLove,
The Chung Family
Love you Andersons. Sending our deepest sympathy on the loss of your baby girl.
ReplyDeleteGretchen, Andy & Axia
I am at a loss for words, but Bryan and I send you our love and support. We have certainly learned so much about the strength of love from Brooke and your entire family.
ReplyDeleteWe are so very sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteAmy, Charlie, Jett, and Kai Johnson
We love you and are thinking about you. Marnie & Thabu
ReplyDeleteCindy, Jason and Owen,
ReplyDeletePlease know that our hearts and prayers are with you at this time. We send all of our love,
Sarah, Jonathan and Brooxie Alt
Andersons:
ReplyDeleteOur thoughts and prayers are with Lexie, Brooke and each of you. We love you all and are always here for you.
Love,
The Chopras
Cindy and Jason,
ReplyDeleteWe are saddened to hear of Brooke's death and know that your hearts are broken. You are in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. May God grant you peace in the days, weeks and month ahead.
Love,
Mark and Debbie Crocker
Cindy and Jason,
ReplyDeleteWords simply cannot express how devastated I am to hear about your loss. You and all three of your beautiful children will be in our prayers.
Much love, The Kaufman Family
Cindy, Jason and Owen-
ReplyDeleteWe are so sorry to hear of Brooke's passing. As others have said we are so touched by your strength and courage and how many you have touched. It's a lesson to us all.
Our deepest sympathy's to all. XOXO
The Merrick Family
Andrew, Amy, Adyn, Cameron and Landon
Cindy, Jason, and Owen,
ReplyDeleteOur hearts grieve with yours. In her own special way, Brooke has touched each of us. She was surrounded by love from the moment she was born. She will forever be in our hearts.
Don and Paula Suominen
Cindy, I am so very sorry. What you have shared in this blog is a testament to your incredible strength and love for your girls. Owen is a lucky little guy to have such a mom. God bless.
ReplyDeleteCindy and Jason,
ReplyDeleteI know I cannot know your present sorrow. I just am praying for strength, stamina and peace for you all. None of us knows why shit happens in life, but there is comfort out there if we ask for it. Please know that God will give you help if you let Him.
You both gave Brooke all the love a NICU Preemie could ever ask for. You can feel good about doing all you possibly could. I know that she felt your love as you talked with her and gazed into her eyes for so many days. I pray for you as you grieve her loss.
Love and Sympathy,
Mary J.
Cindy and Jason,
ReplyDeleteOur deepest sympathy on the loss of your beautiful baby daughter, Brooke. You have shown extraordinary strength, hope and optimism during this very difficult period. Surely, Brooke inherited your spirit as she waged her battle. Please know that you will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers as you rely on your faith to strengthen and carry you forward.
Stephanie, Gerald, Melissa and Chelsea Smith
My heart is heavy for all of you.
ReplyDeleteI am comforted by your words "She has now joined her sister Lexie in my mother's arms in heaven" -- you know that their grandma's love for them is great. Though I have not met you in person but know you only through the love and admiration that your sister Jenny has for you both, I send love from a fellow parent and grandparent.
I continue to pray for your peace of mind and heart.
Linda Warner (Becky's aunt)
Cindy & Jason, I was very sad to hear the news. "Brookie Cookie" was my favorite patient. She had a special place in my heart. I consider it a privilege to have known her, and been able to share her with you. There will be many wonderful memories - of course, her sense of fashion (especially the socks and the bling), the way she almost smiled at me, her little legs kicking when I came to her bedside.... After 30 years of working in my unit, I still cannot understand why God needs to take the little angels back. Please take care of yourselves. Hugs and kisses to Owen. Sincerely, Karen Slotarski, RT.
ReplyDeleteCindy, Jason & Owen-
ReplyDeleteMy heart is heavy for you as I have followed your journey with your baby girls. I have such admiration for your strength and positive outlook. Cindy, I cannot imagine how hard this blog must have been to write/keep up with. I think of you all often and keep you in my prayers.
-The Singh Family (Nidhi & Anu)
Dear Cindy and Jason,
ReplyDeleteOur hearts go out to you and your families. You have been an inspiration to many and amazing parents to Brooke...how lucky she was to have such devoted parents who loved and supported her so completely. She felt your love and wanted to be with you and a part of you for as long as she could. A strong, precious, beautiful baby. You have been amazing parents and an example to all. Since your father forwarded this blog, Mark and I have read all the postings and felt privileged to follow your journey. Always in awe of your strength and spirit filled optimism. We will never forget the courageous, precious angel from heaven, that had the blessed fortune to have you as her parents. Please know that you are in our thoughts and in our prayers.
Most sincerely, Madeline & Mark Weston
Dear Jason and Cindy,
ReplyDeleteOur love and prayers are with you as you grieve the loss of your little girl.
Raouf & Carol
Jason, Cindy and Owen Anderson,
ReplyDeleteI love you both with all my heart and will always be there for you. My thoughts are with Brooke and Lexie.
Love you,
Mark~!
Dear Cindy and Jason,
ReplyDeleteYou have all been in our thoughts and prayers, and we are so sorry about your loss of Brooke. As you say, Brooke and Lexie are now with Boo. Our hearts go out to you.
David and Candice Brown
Dear Cindy and Jason,
ReplyDeleteWe are so sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and the girls always.
Kevin and Amy Iverson
Oh Cindy and Jason,
ReplyDeleteWe hold you and your family in our hearts. We send you so much love. Your strength over the months has been immeasurable - an amazing inspiration. Brooke and Lexie are being very loved in heaven!
Nikki, Pat, and Connor Flanagan
Cindy and Jason,
ReplyDeleteI only took care of Brooke a handful of times, many many months ago. But I know that she has touched the lives of every single person here in the ISCU.
I have an older sister who earned her angel wings here in the ISCU at 17 days of life - and I know that she and Brooke are fast friends now.
Jessica Berg
ISCU RN
Cindy, Jason, and Owen,
ReplyDeleteMy heart breaks for you all. I wish I had words that could comfort you, but I know that I don't. Just know that we've been praying for you and will continue to pray for you as you mourn and remember Brooke and Lexie.
Love,
Robin and Megan Haworth
Dear Cindy, Jason and Owen,
ReplyDeleteWe are holding you in our thoughts and prayers. Your strength and optimism while caring for your little girls has been an inspiration to me as a mum. Your blog has been a daily read for me and learning all about Brooke and your families has touched me deeply.
I know that Brooke is at peace and she is in her grandmother's arms. Her sister is there showing her the ropes in Heaven. I am sitting here writing as you put her little body in the ground and I want you to know that you are in our prayers and that you have lots of people thinking about you and caring for you.
love,
Jen, Derek, Dylan, Charlotte and Isabelle Smith